TURKEY GIBLET GRAVY
- Turkey Giblets
- 1 Turkey Neck
- 1 Celery Stalk, Chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 2 tbsp Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 qt Turkey or Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ cup Butter (Or Use The Turkey Fat)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cover giblets, celery, onion and pepper with water in a 3-qt saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove giblets and neck, set aside to cool.
- After removing turkey from roasting pan, discard all the fat from the pan.
- Add stock and bring to a boil, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Add diced giblets and the meat from the neck
- To make a roux: in a separate pan, melt the butter and add the flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Add enough of the roux to the boiling liquid to achieve desired thickness.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes and season with salt and pepper.